Friday, March 27, 2020

Coronavirus COVID-19 Self Isolation Boredom Cures


Stuck in your house because of self isolation, watched all your can on the TV and internet, now the boredom sets in! Here is a few ideas you can do to keep you busy and inside while we wait for the world to turn back on. All these projects I've done with non-toxic removal products by EZ Strip. It's the only brand I would recommend for tough inside removal jobs. If you want to see full videos of these projects and more visit my You Tube Channel at EZ Strip

Removing Stickers 





I had this garage sales find mirror covered in stickers I've been meaning to clean up and use as a decoration in my mud room for a while. I used a non-toxic all purpose remover called EZ Strip All Purpose Remover so I could do it right in my living room! It was easy just sprayed on and let sit for about 15 minutes. Then scraped them off and wiped clean with water.


It works great on all kinds of tough and sticky removal jobs I've completed so many projects that I had been meaning to do forever. Like clean my oven, the BBQ, oil spills on concrete, remove permanent marker, and a lot more. You can see the how to videos on YouTube

Tape Residue Removal


Duct tape residue in my doorway after I peeled off some old weather stripping. It had been on there a long time so I let it sit for about 20 minutes and it came right off! This has been an eyesore for so long and I was worried of the mess when I peeled off the old to replace but EZ Strip Adhesive & Glue Remover did the trick. Here's a link to the how to video on YouTube


The next project I wanted to share is one I did with a non-toxic paint and varnish stripper from EZ Strip. I love a great garage sale find and you would be surprised at what you can find under all the wow that was an interesting color choice for your furniture finds!

Furniture Refinishing 



I had planned to refinish this chest in warmer weather until I tried EZ Strip Paint & Varnish Stripper you can safely use it inside, it's environmentally friendly, and cleans up with just water! EZ Strip made this refinish project way easier than I thought it was going to be. This one I let sit for about an hour because I wasn't sure what kind of paint was on there or how old it was. I just knew there was a beautiful old chest under there and for $10 bucks and an hour of my time it was totally worth it.

I have done this to an old table, another mirror with a wood frame I found at the dump, my desk, my stairs and some more things around the house. You can see the how to videos on YouTube


Wall Washing



This one is really great because you get the power of a magic eraser in a spray bottle! EZ Strip Painters Prep is great for prepping surfaces for painting or refinishing but you can also just use it to brighten all kinds of hard surfaces with an easy clean. Just spray and wipe clean with water. For really dirty or stubborn marks let it sit for a few minutes before wiping.

Here a link to this project from start to finish on YouTube I repainted my mud room. The prep to paint this room was so easy to do with EZ Strip!


I hope this blog post gives you some great ideas on how to keep busy when your stuck in your home! So many of us are just rattling round in our homes counting the days till things are back to normal. You can buy EZ Strip removal products online here https://www.ezstrip.ca/buy-ez-strip/ Stay safe out there everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment